Monday, October 20, 2008

Letter sent October 15, 2008

(I couldn't tell for sure what day this was sent because the postmark was unreadable! I'm just guessing it's around that date.)
Hey family whats up? Well as you know I’m getting transferred to New Glasgow. It should be pretty good – another area that struggles to baptize but what can you do. So this past week was pretty good. We had a 3rd missionary with us for most of it so that was sweet and he was in the MTC with Benny. So it will be nice to have some change. Hard to leave Newfoundland. I spent 7 months up here on the rock.
Any who – conference was pretty sweet. I loved Elder Wirthlin’s talk and Elder Hales. They were both sweet. So mom you said they said something about energy drinks when I never heard it.
We went to a pentacostal church and holy crap we stood up for like 45 minutes. It was like stand up sit down turn around jump up and down pump your fist. I was excited cause it was going to be a break but it was a good workout. But at the end the priest was like anyone who hasn’t been saved come up now and accept Jesus as your savior and was staring at us the whole time. I was so mad. I was like ya I already have. But any way love you all. Have a great week.
Love Mitch
(He also included a little warning card that said: TOBACCO USE CAN MAKE YOU IMPOTENT. He wrote on the back of the card: #1 reason I don’t smoke haha)

No comments: